I love Saturday mornings!! There is something magical about waking up to a day full of endless possibilities. I love to throw some cinnamon buns into the oven or cook up some pancakes before jumping into the day. I always do the usual Saturday activities like laundry, reading your favorite magazines, and visiting with friends. But I also try to incorporate some quirky & fun adventures into my day. And if all else fails, I spend most of my Saturday in my pajamas watching movies on netflix with my pets. No matter what, I'm doing what makes me happiest in the moment.
10 Fun Things To Do This Weekend!
10. Go out and chronicle your random adventures with an instant camera. Take pictures of your coffee cups, interesting sights, and your favorite friends. Put together a collage with all of your photos from the day.
9. Make homemade cake balls. They are like little bites of heaven, and they come with a lot less guilt than a regular sized piece of cake. They also make lovely gifts.
8. Eat lunch at a one of your eccentric & local cafes, and support your local businesses.
7. Create some customized valentines for all of your friends. There are only two weeks until Valentine's Day, which is my favorite holiday. I will write more about why that is later.
6. Take yourself out on a self-love date. Dress up, do your makeup, and go out to eat by yourself. I know that sounds kind of kooky, but it's truly wonderful to spend some alone time with yourself. We are constantly surrounded by other people during the day, and we often make decisions based on the desires of the people in our lives. Show yourself a little self-love by going out and treating yourself to whatever you are wanting at the moment. I like to go see movies that no one else in my life wants to see.
5. Go see some live theatre at your local civic theatre.
4. Spend an entire day saying only positive, loving, and encouraging words to others & yourself.
3. Turn your nails into tiny pieces of art.
2. Create some inspiring collages using your old magazines.
1. Get active! Jump rope, dash through the department stores after all the sales, do pilates, jump on a trampoline, take the stairs instead of the lift, etc.
9. Octavius, the t-rex who lives on the dashboard in my car.
10. Lazy kitties make the best photo subjects.
11. His & hers Hello Kitty key caps.
12. Cute puppy face.
13. Vintage owl handbag.
14. Caramel frappuccinos are my guilty pleasure.
What have you been up to, Lovely friend? I'm sorry that my posts have been sort of sparse lately. I just started a new job and the spring semester in college. Needless to say, I'm up to my eyeballs in busyness. Januarys are always sort of a weird transition period for me. Now that February is nearing, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things.
Hello there, lovely friend of mine!! I cannot believe that January is half-way through! Golly gee!! I've been extremely busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just a happier person when I have a lot to do during the day.
Yesterday was my one year & 7 months anniversary with Zeth. We celebrated by dining at our favorite sushi joint & grabbing frozen yogurt for dessert. It was such a lovely date. I love occasions to celebrate my life with Zeth, but honestly, I feel like every day is a little celebration of how amazing my life is with him in it.
I have some very big things to be happy for this week. I've been scribbling down things in the gratitude list section of my filofax all week.
Passing my driving exam...and becoming officially licensed to drive! I took my exam on Wednesday, and I was sweating bullets all day before the exam. I even took my boyfriend on a frantic search around town to find places to get in some last minute parallel parking practice. I was so relieved when the driving examiner told me that I passed. There is just something magical about being able to drive myself around without relying on someone else. I think everyone needs to feel the kind of independence that comes with being able to travel solo.
Getting a new job...as an office assistant/file clerk with a home healthcare company. I'm beyond excited about this opportunity!!
My new pink Classic Personal Filofax...which is already organized & bursting with appointments. I'm a little bit too excited about office supplies & being organized.
Little Bursts of Gratitude
Rihanna's Talk That Talk (she's one of my guilty pleasures), strawberry & cheesecake swirled frozen yogurt, my pink mini fujifilm instax camera, Kate Spade iphone cases, super sticky Post-its, hot pink sharpies, Dino-Domo, facetime with my sis, the adorable Kate Spade stationary set that Zeth surprised me with, my new Coach wristlet, dates with my favorite cousin, smokey eyes, sleeping in, conquering my to-do lists, and sparkly pink composition notebooks.
Hello, Lovely Friend!I'm sorry that I have been away for an entire week. I was out of town and just got back into town yesterday. I went to Houston to meet some of my boyfriend's friends. We spent our time shopping at the Galleria mall and cautiously exploring the city. I'm very glad to be home, but I did have an amazing time during our misadventures in Houston.
Remember when I wrote about being a shy girl? I recently took the Briggs Myers personality test for one of my classes and found out that I'm an INFP. I'm introverted...big surprise, right? I've written several blog posts about my own struggles as a shy person, but I still feel like there is so much more to say about it. I have received so many wonderful emails and comments from fellow shy girls & guys. I absolutely love connecting with others shy people. I actually think we should have our own little club & clubhouse à laThe Little Rascals.
One of the reasons I love being a shy girl blog writer is because there aren't many of us out there. That is the main reason why I tend to write about my shyness from time to time. It is my hope that by putting myself out there & chronicling my experiences as an introvert, many other fellow introverts will be encouraged and follow suit. Being shy in a world filled with extroverted people is very difficult. Most extroverts have a hard time understanding introverts and often make them feel like their shyness is just something that need to get over.
It has taken me a very long time to feel comfortable in my own skin and express to many extroverts that being shy is a part of who I am. While I may work to get over some of my inhibitions as an individual, I also have to embrace myself wholly as an introvert. If you're shy like I am, I hope that you will attempt to accept your shy self completely. Stop punishing yourself for being an introvert and start loving yourself completely. In my opinion, shy people are brave, interesting, and extremely quirky individuals. So if you are an introvert, you're pretty amazing in my book.
10 Reasons Why Introverts Are AH-MAY-ZING People!
♥ Introverts are usually very creative, unique, and eccentric people. While some may view introverts are weird, I like to think of us as individualistic.
♥ Many introverted people turn out to be actors, professors, doctors, lawyers, and many other professions that require public speaking. We may be shy, but we are brave enough to get over our inhibitions and do what we love the most.
♥ We are usually quiet, so when we do voice our opinions, you know that we mean it.
♥ Introverts don't normally make a fuss about the little things.
♥ Unlike some popular beliefs, introverted people love a good conversation. We just don't like all of the small talk or chitchat. Introverts love deep & in-depth conversations with good friends.
♥Introverted people are honest and give their true opinion when asked for it.
♥ Introverted people tend to be more patient and willing to wait. We are easily lost in our own thoughts and can amuse ourselves with daydreams when forced to wait around.
♥ We are very good listeners and make very loyal friends.
♥ Introverts tend to be independent and turn inwards when faced with difficult situations. In turn, we also take our time to make important decisions and refrain from impulsive choices. Because of this, when an introvert makes a decisions, you know that they have thought about it thoroughly.
♥ We cannot "fix" ourselves and become extroverted. Being shy is part of who an introvert is as a person. While we can work on our inhibitions and overcome extreme shyness, being introverted is just part of our makeup. It's not something we can just get over. Thus, we require a lot of patience if you want to get to know us.