Hello, Lovely!! What kind of wonderful adventures are you up to this week?? Are you celebrating the 4th of July? I must admit that I'm absolutely terrified of fireworks, so I have never been a big fan of the 4th of July. Zeth & I cooked up a lovely feast of beef brisket, potato salad, corn bread, and fudge brownies for my family. We spent most of the day laughing & enjoying the holiday. In my opinion, happiness is spending time with your favorite people in the world.
Positivity is a BIG deal in my life. It is what keeps me going in the right direction. Isn't there something magical about a week of possibilities?? A week chalk full of future adventures & surprises!! And what better way to begin the week than with a big heaping dose of positivity??!!
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
10 Ways to Infuse Your Week With Magical
10. Channel your inner child. Go back to those days on the playground where anything was possible. The days where you could be a doctor or an astronaut or a dancer or whatever your heart dreamed of. A time where you did what pleased you, and you laughed & smiled because life held so many wonders. I recently told my boyfriend that he needed to stop being so realistic all the time. I think that is good piece of advice for anyone who is seeking a more positive lifestyle. It's all well and good to know what the realities of this world are. But I believe that the only way to make leaps & bounds in our lives is to live life with the same energy, blind naivete & enormous imagination as your child-self. Think about that beautiful little soul that once was you and remember how amazing life was when you believed in magic.
9. Stop dwelling on the past and start working to forgive yourself for your mistakes & imperfections. The past clings to all of us and reminds us of our mess-ups. We all have those moments that we wish we could re-visit, but time travel hasn't been invented yet. It's impossible to redo a moment in your life and it's just a waste of energy to dwell on those mistakes. You deserve to live in the present moment and enjoy where you are right now.
8. Learn to see yourself as someone who deserves an amazing life. I once had a professor tell me that visualization is half the battle when it comes to bringing an idea to fruition. I think that can also apply to our lives. Our perception of ourselves plays a big part in who we are as people. If you don't believe that you deserve to be happy, you're never going to find anything or anyone who can make you believe otherwise. Your perception of life impacts how you view the world & how you see yourself. When I first started blogging & thinking about positivity, I had a very negative view of myself and the idea of self-love was quite foreign to me. At that time, I had just learned about my illness. During my acclimation, I had an epiphanal moment where I realized that my life was pretty darn amazing & I deserved to feel that way. I deserved to be a person with an amazing life.
7. Enjoy all the little moments during your week. Soak up all the lovely moments that put a little smile on your face. Don't take the simplicity & splendid imperfections of your daily life for granted. Dwell on what makes you happy & be grateful for all of those things. Write a list of the wonderful and amazing things in your life. Post that list up on your blog or write it out on post-it and hang it up on your mirror. Reflect on the delicious moments and let go of the anger, frustration, and disappointments.
6. Surround yourself with people who inspire you & make you feel good about yourself. Find friends who share your positive views and live their own lives with a vivacious energy. It's really hard to maintain friendships with people who drag you down with their negative energy. I'm not telling you to breakup with all of your negative friends. I just think that our closest friends should be people who encourage us, love us despite our many faults, and remind us how amazing we are. I love my friends because they constantly inspire me and remind me how incredible life is.
5. Approach your problems, frustrations, and stuggles with a proactive attitude. This is something that I've always been very good at. When something goes wrong, my first instinct is to start working on a solution. It's so easy to let our problems dominate us. I've definitely been guilty of throwing a little pity party for myself when things go south. But it's very counterproductive and discouraging to let negativity reign. Life is never going to be perfect and things are rarely going to pan out exactly the way you imagine them to. In my opinion, the best way to deal with your problems is to meet them head on & show them who is boss.
4. Always be willing to apologize & forgive. It's very simple and very difficult all at the same time. The talent of being humble enough to admit when you're wrong, even when you've also been wronged, is immensely hard. It's something that I work on every single day. I have a tendency to be stubborn and I've always been very sensitive. It's so hard to admit you're wrong when your feelings are hurt. But if you try to let go, your relationships will thrive and you will discover a completely different world. Resentment & anger cloud our lives and do a great deal of damage to our inner being. Regardless of whether the other person is willing to apologize, it serves your best interest to let go and forgive them.
3. Find splendor in the ordinary. Jump for joy and marvel at all the wonderful things out there in this world of ours.
2. Put out more positive energy into the universe. The more you put out there, the more you will get back in return. I know this sounds a little kooky. Some of my friends get a bit dubious when I start talking about energy and the universe. What I mean is that whatever you give to others is what you are going to receive in return. Sort of like karma.
1. Love yourself, live your life the way you imagine it to be, and dwell on the present moment. Easier said than done, of course. Maybe all of this sounds silly to some. I know that some of my ideas about positivity can seem a little naive & immature. But I've been through a whole lifetime of problems, struggles, and hard times and seen enough sadness & despair to last me forever. I can definitely relate to those who would scoff at these ideas about a positive life. I believe that living positively is a conscious choice and some may not be ready for that. We're all different people and in different places in our lives. I guess I just want to express that I believe life is simply what you make of it. You're not always in control of how things turn out and life can sometimes suck. If you have a bad day, bad week, or even bad month, that doesn't mean you're life is pointless or unimportant. You're such an incredible human being full of potential, uniqueness, and talent. Don't let anyone make you feel less than what you are. Hold yourself up to the highest esteem. You deserve to love yourself & your life. You really are THAT amazing, Lovely.
In what ways do you try to live positively??
Sending out buckets & buckets of positive vibes!